Lockerbie Dryfesdale, Hutton and Corrie

Church of Scotland

Dryfesdale Hall

The Church Hall is now called Dryfesdale Hall.  It was built in 1866 and was at that time called The Mechanics Institute. Subsequently the building became known as The Easton Hall.  Mr George Easton of Chester bequested the sum of £1050 for the building of the Hall.  The original building consisted of a Reading Room and Lecture Hall which could accommodate 800 people.

The Hall was purchased by Lockerbie Dryfesdale Church in December 1901. Alterations and the extension of the Hall to provide cloakrooms etc. was completed in November 1934 at a cost of £494.9s.3d.  In August 1954 the Church Hall was re-floored and the Gallery was removed. In 2010 the Hall was completely upgraded and extended.

The Hall has always been at the centre of the church's social and fund raising activities.  

The hall houses the Church Office, an upstairs meeting room, an upstairs storage room, a downstairs meeting room, a well equipped kitchen and servery and a very modern hall.  There are now very good toilet facilities for everyone including the disabled and parents with young children.

Many groups are using the Hall and the facilities can be rented for events such as meetings and dances.  The Hall continues to be an important part of the community of Lockerbie and helps to introduce the Church into the lives of people who would otherwise not have any involvement with it.

    Photos courtesy of Deana Price & Roddy Armstrong